Composite C1 3.1 (3.1.4400.42718)
is a service release to 3.0, adding support for spell checking (when using Mozilla Firefox with dictionaries installed) and .less file edit support. This release also fixes issues reported on 3.0.Write a review for this releaseGetting started
If you are new to Composite C1 and want to install it: http://docs.composite.net/Getting-startedUpgrade guidelines
Composite provide an upgrade service where you can upgrade using an automated tool - for details see http://www.composite.net/Products/support/Support-Upgrade-Subscription
Upgrading from v. 2.1 manually: First upgrade to 3.0
Upgrading from 3.0: See http://compositec1.codeplex.com/discussions/286802What's new in Composite C1 3.1
What's new in Composite C1 3.0
- Mozilla Firefox users have spell check features in text boxes and visual editors
- Support for editing .less files via the C1 Console
- Fixing issues reported on 3.0
For an overview of top 3.0 features and screenshots, visit http://composite.net/3
- Paste from Word into Visual Editor content (without markup going bad)
- Page URL’s look perfect
- Instant image and document upload - File selectors, insert image/file link dialogs allow users to manage folders and upload new files immediately.
- Easy in-place image resizing
- HTML 5, script, iframe etc. support in the Visual Editor
- The calendar control is user friendly now
- A ton more user experience improvements
- ASP.NET Razor for templates and functionality
- Starter sites for HTML, Razor, ASP.NET Master pages and XSLT
- C1 Function test and documentation tool
- Building C1 Functions with parameters is easier
- Selection dialogs that order data in tree views will now re-open at last viewed position and trees will auto-expand when convenient.
- ASP.NET Controls registered as C1 Functions are now available for insert in the Visual Editor
- The source code editor now use TAB for indention. Developers using Firefox can control the tab width (default is 4) through CSS.
- Page meta data can now be shared across all languages.
- The internal build system in Composite C1 responsible for binding the dynamic data features to .NET and LINQ have been thoroughly refactored yielding better performance and doing away with issues with instability and slow system startup times.
- SQL Server Data provider is no longer dependant on MS SQL DMO
- SQL Azure fully supported
- Composite Start screen can now be invoked from Tools button.
- Media file links are now more human and SEO friendly. The media ID is toned down in URL’s and decorated with the file name making is easier to read for humans and search engines.
- Full support for running Composite C1 in a sub folder (IIS application)
- Build in page browser reflect host name changes for installations hosting multiple sites with unique host names.
- ASP.NET Routing used to handle requests.
- Page cache settings moved from Page.aspx to web.config
- Expanded public API.
- Log activity primarily of interest for core team reduced.
- Dynamic data type fields need no longer have a widget defined.
- The assemblies “Composite” and “Composite.Workflow” are no longer merged in the release binaries.
- IP address logged on failed login attempts
- All known stability and xml data corruption issues fixed
- An API for commercial packages* Lots of bugs fixes